Monday, September 21, 2009

My little outfielder...

So those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting our child, here he is... Kip.

There was one thing that I really wanted when Alexa was looking at getting a puppy, and that was one who enjoyed to play fetch. I don't know how we ended up with the one dog who will run himself dead to go after a ball, but we did.

Second, only to wrestling other dogs, playing fetch is Kip's favorite pastime. No matter how far or in what direction you throw the ball, he is usually there to pick it up and trot back (he doesn't run very fast back). One of the things that we have recently acquired was a tennis ball thrower. Being a former shortstop and quarterback I was a little leery of why I needed a tennis ball thrower so I give it to Alexa and she uses it to throw the ball back and forth to Kip. A few people have commented on what it must be like to have me as a dad, throwing a ball to go and fetch. (It's still up in the air on whether Kip enjoys the long throws or not.)

Here are a few pictures and videos of our (now grown up) puppy, playing fetch. So if you ever see us on a walk carrying a ball, you'll know that Kip's day is about to be made!




Sometimes, even though Alexa doesn't approve,
Kip and I play in the house as you can see above!


He tends to get a little distracted when returning the ball, we're working on it!

One thing that Kip has mastered is catching the ball in the air, he loves to do this as you can see!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

So I think you need to give some props to Buddy for giving you the tennis ball thrower (because he is far too superior to play fetch).