Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September 15th, Really?

Where does time go?!? Sorry for the long break in posting... lets just say that we have been extremely busy the last couple of weeks. So I just thought I would fill you in on what is happening with us.. then hopefully we will get back to regular posting. However, I'm not making any promises as we have many exciting things coming in the near future that will keep us busy (no there is no baby on the way). Other than that, Payton has been staying busy at work... okay really busy. I have been staying busy teaching spinning and going to school, which is taking up way more time than I would like it to, but that is usually how it goes.
On top of that we have done a few things to our house over the last few weeks.
The first one.. we painted two of our three porches.. and let me tell you this was a job. But they do look much better. Take a look...


(Check out the cute bench I found!)

We also have been working on remodeling our bathroom. So far we have just painted it, took out a cupboard and medicine cabinet and replaced the old lights. Here are a couple of pictures before, well as we are working...


(You can see where we took out the cupboard and the medicine cabinet)
And here is the new color...

There will be more pictures coming when we get completely done...

We have also been training for a triathlon we competed in this past weekend. It was the Cy-man at Big Creek State Park. I wasn't really too thrilled to do it, but I did. And I hate to say it, but it was fun and not as hard as I thought it was going to be. I only wanted to quit a couple of times, all of which were on the running part. But I made it through and it felt good afterward. I finished with a time of 1:29.44 and Payton finished with a time of 1:22.46 We both did really good and are very impressed with our times. We both agree that spinning helped us out tremendously as we had not really been training too hard before and we hadn't swam in over a month. Here are a few pictures.. sorry no action shots this time.. I didn't allow spectators to come and watch this one...

This is taken before the race... I was sure it was going to be the last picture ever taken of me... I'm glad it wasn't

And here we are after the race.. Alive and Well. You can tell we are both much happier at this point!


And we gave ourselves a treat after it was all over...Hickory Park!

No comments: