Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hope, He's coming..

Every Thursday night, Payton and I attend a Christian Group known as The Salt Company. It it a time of worship to our Great Lord and also a time of teaching, searching to know more about Him. it is kind of like a church service, well only a little. It is much more passionate, and more full of life an hope. People don't just sing the lyrics to the songs, they mean them, they live them! If is a time where 1000 college kids pack into a gym to worship our King and Savior. I wish everyone had the opportunity to experience the moments of worship that we experience each week.
Theses are a few pictures of SALT..

Anyways, last week's message was on Romans 8:18-30. This passage of scripture talks about the future glory we have in Christ. To not get stuck in our sufferings of this world because they won't even compare to the glory he will reveal to all those who endure. Most importantly it is about Hope. Hope in Him and in the future He holds for each of us.

"... against its will, all creation was subjected to God's curse. But with eager hope, the creation looks forward to the day when it will join God's children in glorious freedom from death and decay"
Romans 8: 20-21

"...We, too wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children, including the new bodies he has promised us."
Romans 8: 23

Before the message, they sang the song called "C.S. Lewis Song" by Brook Fraser.
Here are the lyrics:


If I find in myself desires nothing in this world can satisfy,
I can only conclude that I was not made for here
If the flesh that I fight is at best only light and momentary,
then of course I'll feel nude when to where I'm destined I'm compared.

Chorus:
Speak to me in the light of the dawn
Mercy comes with the morning
I will sigh and with all creation groan as I wait for hope to come for me

Am I lost or just found? On the straight or on the roundabout of the wrong way?
Is this a soul that stirs in me, is it breaking free, wanting to come alive?
Cos my comport would prefer for me to be numb
an avoid the impending birth of who I was born to become

For we, we are not long here
Our time is but a breath, so we better breathe it
And I, I was made to live, I was made to love, I was made to know you
Hope is coming for me
Hope, He's coming

You can also watch the music video here. I highly recommend it.

So in knowing that eternity is in God's hand and this life is but a moment, will you choose to live for Him, to bring glory to Him?

At the very end of the message, the speaker proposed a question, one we all should think about and know in our heart...

What is your hope?
My hope, it's in Him!

No comments: