Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Busy

I am back! I feel like I haven't been on here in weeks, which I guess is the case. Sorry for no posts over Christmas break, I was at home with my lovely family most of break and well we still live in the old school days of no internet. No I'm not complaining, it is actually kind of nice to get away from the internet which consumes my life when I am at school. However, Google and Wikipedia have saved me many dollars that I would have spent in books, so it truly is a blessing that being college students we have access to high speed internet 24/7.

Anyways, I was just going to fill you in a little on what our break consisted of:
The first week of break was consumed with Christmas time. It was a wonderful week of spending time with the family, relaxing, cooking and doing some things that I haven't done in quite some time including sleeping in. I also had the time to spend leisurely reading. This is something that doesn't happen at school. I will have to write another post on the books that I read over break.



The second week was also filled with family time, more cooking and baking, and visiting our soon to be house. It's amazing how much more you see each time you go through. I missed so much the first few times so it was good to go back through. I can't wait to show you all pictures of the inside.

Also during this week, I hit the sales on Christmas stuff and purchased a few decorations for our new home. I'm still amazed at the deals there were. At one store I spent $30 dollars and saved $120. WOW!!

And the last week we (well mostly Payton) hung the ceiling in my parents basement. Its rare that I was able to catch Payton working. Usually this is what he is doing...

But this is what I caught him doing...WORKING!


(By the way I was just joking about Payton working, he is a very hard worker or so I hear)

We also managed to re-due some of our registry at both Target and Bed Bath and Beyond. You can check them out here and here.

And one last thing that I will post about. We have started making our invitations. Well, we have the stuff to make them which I am pretty excited about given that making them ourselves will save us a lot of money and besides I LOVE art so this is a good stress reliever for me.

Well I think that is most of our break. And now we should be back to regular blogging. Stay tuned to more on the Wedding and our plans for the future. We have a lot that lies ahead of us and hope that you will be a part of it.

No comments: