Thursday, January 15, 2009

Crashes

So I felt that it was an obligation today because of the weather to write a blog about it. This morning when I left for class it was -21 with a wind chill of -37 degrees. I just got back from class with the temperature being -15 with a wind chill of -34 degrees as seen below. Now it's not so bad for all of you who are sitting at home or in your office in your nice warm chair. For those of us students who have to walk outside from class to class in this weather it is another story.


Although the weather can be pretty miserable there has been one entertaining thing I have noticed the past few days walking around on campus. When students are walking from class to class or wherever they are going they tend to look at the ground right in front of them to keep their face out of the wind. This is a good idea to keep your face warm, but not so much to see where you are going. Twice now this morning and a couple times over the past few days I have seen people either crash into each other or in the case this morning into a sign. It has been an interesting behavior to witness and a great break from thinking about the weather.

So whether you are sitting at home enjoying the day off because of the "cold weather" I hope you feel bad for the thousands of college students who are bearing the cold weather in the same areas where school districts canceled for the day. It doesn't make sense to me to cancel school where the students are inside all day, but make the students who have to walk around in this weather to have class, but I guess whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. So if you were wondering, yes this cold is making me stronger because as far as I can tell I'm still alive and well.

No comments: