Monday, December 22, 2008

A future?

Do you know who Jillian Michaels is? She is the hardcore trainer most notably recognized as the trainer on the show The Biggest loser (Alexa's favorite show). She has developed this attitude of wanting to be the next Jillian, with the ability to yell at her trainees, whipping them into shape literally by making them fearful of her.

She took a personal training weekend course at ISU this past semester and is working on becoming a registered personal trainer. She has one client that she started training towards the end of the semester and if you could only see the simle on her face when I would ask her how it went. She would always respong with something like, "She was a baby" or "She complained about doing pushups." I always just laughed, but knew inside that I also was fearful of the wrath of Alexa when it comes to fitness.

Well this could be looked at in two ways...

First off, I have access at virtually all times to my future wife, the hardcore trainer to push me to my limits and keep me off the couch. Although I found many excuses over the past semester to miss her cycling workouts, I plan to get back into a routine over break which started the second day I was home. I'm sure if the wind wasn't blowing the snow 20-30mph over the past couple days we would be outside going for a run.

Secondly, on those days when it is cold outisde and you just want to curl up on the couch and watch football all day with a blanket over you and maybe enven take a nap, doing a workout isn't necessarily at the top of your list of things to do. Although I was in this mood yesterday I may have found a new favorite way to work out. Watching the football game, while riding my bike on my indoor trainer as you can see below.

Even though I may not enjoy it at the time and would rather be relaxing than working out, wouldn't we all? I know after last year the importance of winter training in preparation for the upcoming summer, which I will have to fill you in about later. So if you are looking for a tough workout in preparation for anything, or just to lose weight, guarantee you know you don't need to look any further than Alexa, who is willing to push you harder than you've probably ever been pushed.

No comments: