Sunday, December 14, 2008

Esmerelda


This past Friday Payton and I got to spend the evening with family and friends at Cornerstone Church's Christmas Production Esmerelda (and I was lucky enough to go again Saturday). This was one of the most compelling Christmas plays that I have ever seen. Here is a short description from Cornerstone's website of what the play was about:

"Once upon a time, in a world very much like our own, there lived a young girl. Lik all children, there was a time of year that she cherished above all. That time, of course, was Christmas. And so it was, that one Christmas she received a gift. Inside this gift lurked something dangerous, something that would change her life forever."

I would continue... but I know some people who still haven't seen the play so I wouldn't want to ruin it for them! But in this play, I saw a picture of Jesus that I had never seen before. Even though this is who I know He is, I never pictured it in the way that "Esmerelda" showed. He was compassionate, willing to give up anything to capture the heart of Esmerelda, just like he is willing to capture our hearts above all other things. He is waiting for us, he hears our cries, he knows our deepest desperation's and he rejoices in our joys. He is our king, a serving, gentle king who came and walked this Earth for the sake of us. To save us for the sin that we walk in daily. He took our sin upon himself, and was crucified on the cross, the most horrendous death, just to save us. This is something that is hard for me to image. Why would anyone die for me? But I know that it is out of love, unfailing love! And because of this I am forever grateful! I am set free from the sin that used to control my life so that I can live eternally in God's presence! And there is nothing that I can ever do to repay the Lord who saved me and you but to be grateful and to show his compassionate love to others.

And so it is my prayer that in everything I do may all glory be given to our Savior forever! I also pray this Christmas season, that it would not be about the gifts or anything else that distracts us from the true meaning of this season, but I pray that we will all remember why we celebrate this holiday and that is for the birth our our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who was taken from His glorious throne in Heaven to walk in this world to save us. He has come to save you, will you accept? If you do it will be the greatest decision that you will ever make! Please take time to thank Him and give glory to Him for this!

May you be filled with joy and peace this Christmas Season!

With all of our Love!
Payton and Alexa

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

P.S. If you want to know more about Esmerelda or buy a DVD of the play let us know and we can pick one up for you.

No comments: