Sunday, July 5, 2009

Training

So after Alexa's blog the other day about getting ready for a triathlon, what she forgot to mention is that we still have some training for an even better event coming up in the next month. On August 1st we leave from Moline, Illinois and travel our way to the big island of Hawaii (pun intended). With that trip which I talked about here, there is going to be a lot of bike riding. I think we are going to take the leap and go for the long 100 mile day. As Alexa has said to me a couple times "You only get to do this once, so you might as well not miss out on anything" (well put). So to prepare for the week, Alexa and I decided to take a trip over to La Porte to hop on the bike trail and do some riding today.
We never got some pictures of us actually riding, but I have the stats downloaded to prove we did it. I logged in 24.2 miles in 1 hour and 33 minutes with Alexa logging 20.28 miles in 1 hour and 36 minutes. One of these days I will update you on some of the new technology that we are using to monitor our fitness throughout our workouts. Alexa thinks I am a nerd when I talk about those kinds of things, but she married me!

All in all it was a beautiful day of riding and the scenery was great. The only downside was that the bridge over the Cedar River right before you go into Waterloo was broken so we couldn't quite say that we went to Waterloo and back. It made for a great afternoon activity that we washed down with some good ice cream when we got back home! Nothing beats the open trail and the sun beating down on you as you ride along.

No comments: