Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to School...

Well today was my last first day of school... Well maybe not. But for my undergraduate it was. Anyways, I started back at Ames today for my last semester. I am driving to Ames 2 days a week to finish up classes. I have three on campus and two online so it shouldn't be to bad. I was looking at some of my syllabus', and they look kind of frightening. I do recall however, this summer talking about missing school. Sometimes it is fun to learn... when it is things you want to learn about. But now that I am back sitting in lecture for a 4 hours every Tuesday and Thursday and then doing the endless papers and studying.. I think I will regret that comment. But for now I am going to feel blessed to be at school learning new and interesting things, I hope.

Anyways today was it. It was actually very strange going to class and then driving all the way back home. I think it is going to be very challenging to get all my work done being that Payton is done and nobody around me is studying. But I will do my best not to procrastinate too long like I am doing right now. But that is beside the point. Now that I am almost finished with school.. and not hating it so much anymore.. I think I will miss it when I am done, especially Iowa State. It was the best school for me. Good thing God has a plan for my life because I did not want to go there. Actually I didn't even have plans to go there until about May of my Senior year of high school. It just goes to show that God is bigger than we can ever imagine and even when we don't think it is the right choice, if God is calling you to do something, then do it because He is always right.

But Iowa State and all that it came with it (SALT) changed me in more ways that I could have dreamed. And now that I am finishing my last few classes and my last few times on the campus I can look back and just be thankful that I had the opportunity to attend such a great school, get a great education, and experience all the awesome things that God did while I was there. I mean geez He could have sent me to Iowa.....

But anyways, enough of me ranting... I really do need to study.

1 comment:

Cortney said...

I'm excited to be back to see you!! Hope you have a good thursday!