Monday, February 23, 2009

Countdown...

So as I sit here at school counting down the days until spring break, and the days until school is over, and of course the days until the wedding, I have begun to realize that it is soon, very soon. I can't believe how fast school has gone. My freshman year, I thought it was going to last for eternity (if you know me, then you know how much I love school.... Not very much at all, especially the first few years). But wow... where does the time go. I still feel very young and for that matter I am, I mean I just turned 21. But my life is about to change, a new chapter is about to be opened, a chapter filled with many wonderful things. And even though I know it's not going to be easy and very well could be the hardest thing that I ever do, I do know that it will be the most rewarding adventure full of new possibilities and dreams. And this new chapter doesn't mean that I am going to close the old chapter but rather continue on in the book that God has created for me to live. I am always going to be a part of my families lives (whether they like it or not) and they will always be a part of mine. I have always dreamed that my kids would get to grow up next to their grandparents as I did, because that meant a lot to me. I am going to continue being me, striving to be the best wife and mom just like I saw in mine (even though it seems like an impossible task. Man mom, you set some high standards), but that is what I desire for my kids to have, love beyond all measures.
So as I count down the days:
17 days until spring break
48 days of school
82 days until the wedding
I will continue to prepare my heart and mind for the new phase of my life. And I look forward to the many memories that will be created with all of the people who are a part of my life.

Here is a picture of my sister and I.
Can't wait to be home with you Whit!

No comments: