Monday, October 27, 2008

8 years!

Eight years ago today, I was twelve and sitting in a tree house next to the boy that turned out to be the man I am about to marry. Unbelievable, I know! I can barley remember my own life without Payton in it.

Together we went through braces (weird I know), surgeries, high school achievements, a year apart (well kind of with Payton at Kirkwood) and our latest journey at Iowa State. We've been through a lot and we've learned a lot together. I wouldn't trade any of the experiences, well except for the summer I spent at what seemed like 8000 baseball games (sorry Payton).

So I decided to take you through a photo series of our journey together, but I guess we started dating when film was still in! HAHA, wow that dates us. But here are a few....
Homecoming Dance 2002

Camping 2004

Homecoming 2004

Prom 2005


Payton's High School Graduation 2005

My High School Graduation 2006

Christmas 2006

Iowa State Beats Iowa 2007

As I have grown over the years, I realize how much our family has shaped us into the people we are today and I can't thank you enough for your continual love, support, guidance (even when we didn't think we needed any) and prayers as we continue our journey together. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with Payton, going where God leads us.

P.S. Our wedding date is almost finalized, hopefully by the end of the week!

2 comments:

elena said...

dear alexa and payton,

i loved reading about your fairy-tale romance. my heartiest congratulations for the happy event. keep updating,

best wishes,
psyche

Anonymous said...

Payton and Alexa,

I am so overjoyed for the two of you. You have grown into two very wonderful people. I am so impressed with both of you and It just amazes me how much you both have grown up. I wish you both the very best in life and am very proud of you guys.

All My Love,
Lisa Clark