Sunday, June 14, 2009

Week in Review... or two...

So we officially have been busier than ever the past two weeks. I can't even remember everything we have done, but I will try.
I started teaching swimming lessons, and man it has been cold. I did however manage to get a pretty good sunburn on the first day. I know, I know I should have worn sunscreen, but it didn't even cross my mind when it was cloudy and misting out. Now that I think about it, it is pretty pathetic that I was so white I got a sunburn in the rain. Anyways, I also have been personal training, writing a business plan, taking care of kip and trying to keep up with chores around the house.
Payton has been busy working full time. Nope, no sun for him. He sits in an office all day with no windows. He will have the sunburn when we go to Hawaii. Anyways, he has also been busy picking up training for a triathlon he hopes to do in September.
Other than that we had 3 very special birthday parties over the last two weeks. One was for my beloved sister Whitney. She turned 23 on June 6th. We celebrated by having a grill out at mom and dad's house. It was nice and relaxing.
The next day we had a birthday party for my great-aunt Fern who turned 95 and still going strong!!! Pretty impressive I think. I get the privilege of being her little "miss daisy" this summer. I run errands with her and help her around the house. There's never a dull moment with Aunt Fern I will say that.
And our last birthday actually hasn't gotten here yet. But it is tomorrow. My sister's new husband Timothy James Bowen (aka TJ) celebrates his .... birthday tomorrow. You can fill in the blank.
We also were privileged to throw a going-a-way party for a couple of Payton's good friends from Iowa State yesterday. They both are going to Turkey on a mission trip for the summer. So we had a few people over Saturday night and grilled out some burgers and brats and just hung out. It was a late night.. I'm not used to staying up that late (We go to bed about 9:30-10:00, lame I know. But rest is important) but well worth it.
Well that's mostly what we have been up to lately. Hopefully we will find more time to blog in the coming weeks as we have a lot of things to share. But I will warn you, the rest of June is still looking quite busy for us.

No comments: